The company was incorporated in 1964 as a Public Company for setting up a plant for the manufacture of white sugar in the province of Punjab. The plant went into production in 1966 with a daily crushing capacity of 1500 MT of sugar cane, which has since been raised to 4000 MT per day.
The Company has a gratifying record of 27% average dividend pay out in the last 10 years to the shareholders.
An alcohol distillery of french origin was added in 1986 with a production capacity of 50,000 liters/day of industrial alcohol.
An affluent treatment plant employing the Canadian technology of ABV Bio-Gas reactors has been installed since 1997, to use the available renewable source of energy to replace 70% of fuel oil for generation of process steam and also to fulfill their obligation towards reducing the industrial pollution.
The present equity of the company is Rs.300 million with total investment of over Rs.600 million. Annual sales revenue amounts to Rs.850 million including export of 75 million. The total number of employees is 683. The plant is currently under expansion of additional capacity of 8000 MT/day.